Collection and Use of Personal Data
Under the PDPA, personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual (“personal data”).
Here are some examples of the types of personal data Atlas may collect and how we may use it:
What Personal Data we collect
- When you purchase a product, register an account with the e-commerce store, register a warranty, sign-up for a mailing list, contact us, participate in an online survey (among other things), we may collect a variety of information, including your name, phone number, email address, NRIC/passport number and shipping address.
- When sending gift certificates and products to your family and friends, or invite others to participate in Atlas services or forums, Atlas may collect the information you provide about those people—such as their name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Atlas will use such information to fulfil your requests, to provide the relevant product or service.
- The personal data we collect allows you to purchase products from the e-commerce store.
How we use your Personal Data
- We use your personal data to keep you posted on Atlas latest product announcements and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time.
- We also use your personal data to help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising.
- We may use your personal data to verify your identity, assist with identification of users and determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Atlas, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research, to improve Atlas products, services and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal data for any purpose. The following is an example of non-personal data that we collect and how we may use it:
We may collect information regarding customer activities on our website, www.atlas-sv.com and all associated sites linked to www.atlas-sv.com by Atlas, as follows:
(collectively, the “Site”).
If we do combine non-personal data with personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Atlas websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages and advertisements may use ‘cookies’ and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behaviour, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
As is true of most Internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date and time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, administer the site, learn about user behaviour on the site, improve our product and services, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Atlas may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Atlas may make certain personal data available to strategic partners that work with Atlas to provide products and services, or that help Atlas market to customers. Personal data will only be shared by Atlas to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Atlas may share personal data with companies that provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary—by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities—for Atlas to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, or protect our operations or users.
Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger or sale, we may transfer any and all personal data we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Data
Atlas takes the security of your personal data very seriously. Atlas online services, such as the Atlas e-commerce store (www.atlas-sv.com), protect your personal data during transit using encryption such as SSL Secure Connection, Secure Firewall and Database setups.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
Access to Personal Data
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account at www.atlas-sv.com. For other personal data we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose—including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate, or to delete the data if Atlas is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous or vexatious, that jeopardise the privacy of others, that are extremely impractical or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction or deletion requests can be made through www.atlas-sv.com.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Atlas websites may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Atlas cannot distinguish the age of persons who access the Site. Hence, if you are under 18 years old, please obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you access the Site and submit any personal information to us. Should a parent or guardian have reason to believe that a minor has provided Atlas with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the information is removed and unsubscribe them from any promotional contact opportunities.
Our Company-Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Atlas employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.